Functional enhancement of max31827

Dear hwmon community,

I developed the driver for the max31827 temperature sensor, but when
doing so I omitted some functionalities of the chip, namely: PEC Error,
Fault Queue, Comp/Int, Alarm Polarity, Resolution, Timeout and PEC
Enable. I did not implement these, because there are no predefined
attributes in the linux kernel which have similar meaning to these
funcionalities.

I recently got a request from the client to implement these
functionalities. I want to use SENSOR_DEVICE_ATTR to implement these. I
did some reading and saw that using debufs is also a possibility.

I would be really greatful, if you could provide me with some advices.
Should I proceed with device attributes defined by me? Should I use
debufs? Maybe there is another and better way...

Thank you in advance for your response!

Kind regards,
Daniel

Link to driver: https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/drivers/hwmon/max31827.c