Re: ASRock B650E Taichi support

On 5/6/23 00:21, jurgenacc@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

I found this repo (https://github.com/petersulyok/asrock_z390_taichi <https://github.com/petersulyok/asrock_z390_taichi>) mentioning that the ASRock z390 Taichi was able to see the sensors through lm-sensors if the nct6775 driver was loaded since it is using a Nuvoton NCT6791D. I have the ASRock B650E Taichi motherboard, but it has a different chip, I believe it is the Nuvoton NCT6796D-S. I tried enabling the ntc6775 driver to see if I was lucky, but I get an error: "modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'nct6775': No such device".

The author of the repo suggested me asking you if support for the Nuvoton NCT6796D-S is there. If not, I can help test it. if there is, I would love to make it work in my PC.

First of all, please copy linux-hwmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on all inquiries regarding the
hwmon subsystem in the Linux kernel. If you do not want your query to be public,
please don't ask.

Yes, the kernel does support NCT6796D. I don't know about NCT6796D-S. Please provide
output of sensors-detect. It may be possible that the driver does not load because the
chip memory space is reserved by ACPI. If that is the case, you should see an error
message with dmesg. Also, of course, the kernel may not support the chip if you are
running an old kernel version.

Guenter