Re: corsair-cpro and hidraw

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 9:11 AM Aleksandr Mezin
<mezin.alexander@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I've noticed that corsair-cpro communicates with the device in
> request-reply pattern, and also exposes hidraw interface, so userspace
> can also send requests. How does the driver figure out that the
> current input report is a response to the request sent by the driver,
> and not for some other request from userspace? Also if userspace reads
> from hidraw, how can it be sure that the report it read is the
> response to its last request, and not to some driver's request?
>
> I do not have the hardware, I was just looking at corsair-cpro as a
> reference - I'm working on a driver for a similar device (nzxt rgb &
> fan controller)

Oops, there's a comment about this exact issue at the beginning of the
file, and I missed it somehow. Sorry for the noise.

I wonder if the driver can synchronize the access through hidraw
somehow, i. e. make hidraw read/write block while mutex is locked.