Re: [libgpiod] help with GPIOSET_INTERACTIVE

On Fri, Dec 29, 2023 at 8:21 PM Kent Gibson <warthog618@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > That option ('--enable-gpioset-interactive') seems to have gotten the
> > job done. I had to back out of 'libgpiod-2.1/tools' to
> > '~/libgpiod-2.1', and let './autogen.sh' take care of the '#define'...
> > instead of me trying to add it manually to 'gpioset.c' via '#define
> > GPIOSET_INTERACTIVE'.  I do have **all** the packages you listed below
> > installed, so why my manual addition didn't work is still a mystery to
> > me - but not one worth fretting over.
>
> If you want to change build options then you need to re-run autogen.sh to
> regenerate the Makefiles.
>
> The option is mentioned in both TOOLS section of the README (but I note
> has a typo that needs to be fixed) adjacent to the interactive example,
> and the configure help, which is itself mentioned in the README:
>
> $ ./configure --help
>

>   --enable-gpioset-interactive
>                           enable gpioset interactive mode [default=no]

> That is not enabled by default as some platforms lack, or want to avoid
> including, libedit.
>
> > Thanks for your help!   :)
>
> And thank you for the SE un-upvote and downvote!

Since you brought that up again: I did do an "un-upvote" - but not a
downvote (don't even know if that's possible). And I think you know
the reason I did: your haughty replies to my attempts at
communication. I really like to try to get along with everyone, but I
will admit I do not suffer arrogance well. After reviewing things, I
will say that I may have "crossed a line" with my use of the term
"can't be bothered"... I've used this term for much of my life, but
never realized it implied laziness until I looked it up yesterday. And
so for that - I apologize. If you'd like to now "bury the hatchet",
I'm good with that. If not - that's OK too.

~S