activity status for pinctrl-microchip-sgpio

Hello,

I'm taking a look at the pinctrl-microchip-sgpio driver. After
converting it to regmap, it was quite simple to finish support for the
VSC7512 MFD RFCs I've been sending out. As it currently stands, I expect
that patch set to get chopped up and submitted for 5.18 due to
end-of-year schedules.

I don't know how the other chips that use the sgpio driver operate, but
the primary function as I see it for the VSC7512 is the activity LED. It
seems like that functionality was initially planned by way of:

static const char * const functions[] = { "gpio" };

Has there been, or is there expected to be any work to add this
feature? If there is, I'll be able to focus on PCS ports next. If not,
I'll spend some time on activity LED functionality.

Is this a feature that'll be desired for SPARX5 and LUTON? Or just
Ocelot? If it is Ocelot-only it would seem like a flag in sgpio_priv is
necessary. If it is for everything, then extra parameters in
sgpio_properties.regoff[] would seem like the way forward.

Thanks,

Colin Foster