[libgpiod]: Meson wrap for libgpiod

Hi Bartosz,

I use libgpiod as part of supporting various platforms in
OpenBMC[1][2], among other things. OpenBMC generally targets ARM SoCs,
and this means cross-compiling applications and their dependencies as
part of the day-to-day work.

While cross-compilation for (complex) userspace can be achieved using
distro systems like buildroot and openembedded/bitbake or their SDKs,
the meson build system[3] provides dependency resolution and (cross)
builds as explicit features through subprojects[4] and the wrap package
system[5]. In my experience, these features are compelling.

To help me develop userspace applications that depend on libgpiod I've
opened a pull-request against meson's wrap database[6] to add libgpiod
support for v1.6.3:

https://github.com/mesonbuild/wrapdb/pull/130

Meson overlays this reimplementation of the build system along side the
source as shipped in the tag, enabling meson dependency management
without any impact on the upstream project. However, as you might
guess, the wrap implementation is non-trivial as it transliterates the
autotools scripts. While maintenance of this approach doesn't require
any work on your part, it does have to adapt as the autotools scripts
change. As such:

How do you feel about switching from autotools to meson for the build
system of libgpiod?

If this is something you're interested in we can rebase the work in the
pull-request above on libgpiod master and have something that's mostly
ready. If you're not interested, I can at least carry on maintaining
the wrap, but I felt like it was worth asking the question :)

Interested in your thoughts!

Andrew

[1] https://www.openbmc.org/
[2] https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/