Possible ACPI abuse in Mellanox BlueField Gigabit Ethernet driver

Hi!

>From time to time I do grep kernel for ACPI_RESOURCE_TYPE_GPIO usage.
Recently the drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlxbf_gige/mlxbf_gige_gpio.c
caught my eye.

Looking into the code I see that it looks like misunderstanding of how ACPI
works with GPIOs. First of all, I would like to inform that this code has
been properly reviewed neither by GPIO nor by ACPI maintainers. Second, before
going it to the real conclusions (and potential revert of this), I would like
to see the real ACPI tables for this and some explanations from the authors of
the driver about GPIO usage here (from hw and sw perspectives).

It makes sense to discuss ASAP, otherwise I would really want to revert it.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko