Re: GPIO Character device driver

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 11:49 AM gianluca <gianlucarenzi@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 04/24/2019 07:07 PM, Linus Walleij wrote:

> > What happens next is that the kernel invokes the uevent helper.
> > This used to be /sbin/hotplug but udev+systemd systems
> > nowadays use a netlink socket to send the events to userspace
> > and I have no idea how that works, sorry.
>
> Well, in my systems I have systemd disable because we are heavly
> customizing the boot sequence as we are using sysinit for booting...
>
> Is this behaviour forced to *NOT* have gpio characters in udev /dev
> structure during boot up?

Hm you need to have something like udev and the ruleset from
udev that creates the devices. No idea how that looks on your
system though.

But something like this seems to be your problem, lacking
the right userspace recepies to handle hotplug from udev.

Does it work to plug in things like USB sticks?

Yours,
Linus Walleij