Re: RFC: qcom spmi/ssbi-gpio hierarchical irqchip problems

On Wed, Dec 26, 2018 at 2:20 AM Brian Masney <masneyb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 02:00:14PM +0100, Linus Walleij wrote:

> > Tell me if you need some specific help!

> I attached my latest work. I have the IRQ hierarchy created, and
> interrupts are now working properly (...)

Good work! Let's aim to merge this early for v4.22 and fix
up all device trees.

> Do I need to in the parent IRQ domain somehow translate the parent virq
> to the child virq and call generic_handle_irq() on that child virq? Or
> something else?

To me the method you're using looks perfectly acceptable (also
doing all work inside the irqchip, as I wanted Thierry to do in his
more centralized approach) but what is the "right approach" can
only be answered by the irqchip maintainers. (Hi Marc!)

If they have no time to look at it I will have a closer look
when you post the final patch set and determine if I think
it's the right approach... please keep Thierry looped in as
well. I don't know if this will be merged first and then we
patch it to use Thierry's hierarchical irqdomain handling in
the gpiolib core, or if Thierry's patches go first so you can
use his work.

In any case I bet he is curious to see how you did it so I
will forward the attachments to Thierry!

Yours,
Linus Walleij