Re: [RFC/RFT PATCH 2/2] gpio: omap: ensure that runtime pm will disable unused gpio banks

* Grygorii.Strashko@xxxxxxxxxx <grygorii.strashko@xxxxxxxxxx> [150417 10:33]:
> Hi Tony,
> On 04/16/2015 07:29 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > * Tony Lindgren <tony@xxxxxxxxxxx> [150319 16:08]:
> >> * Tony Lindgren <tony@xxxxxxxxxxx> [150307 00:08]:

> >> OK so I finally got around testing this along with your bank
> >> removal set. Looks like this patch causes a regression at least
> >> with n900 keyboard LEDs with off-idle. The LED won't come back
> >> on after restore from off-idle. Anyways, now we have something
> >> reproducable :) So I'll try to debug it further at some point,
> >> might be few days before I get to it.
> >
> > Sorry for the delay, finally got around to this one :)
> >
> > Here's what I came up with, only lightly tested so far. Note that
> > we need to keep the PM runtime per bank, not per GPIO. Will repost
> > a proper patch after some more testing.
>
> I've had a opposite idea actually ;) - use Runtime PM on per-gpio basis as
> it maintains all needed counters inside and we can be sure that
> PM runtime callbacks will be called once per bank.

Sorry looks like I missed this email earlier, the mail got buried
in all the threads in my inbox.

Anyways, we still need per bank pm runtime for a while until we
can make it per GPIO.

> Also, I've thought about moving the code from omap_enable_gpio_module()
> into Runtime PM callbacks.
> So, final goal - get rid of BANK_USED & LINE_USED.
>
> Were you able to identify broken calls sequence?

No, but it breaks things for omap3 off idle. And then I noticed all
the duplicate code as discussed in the newer thread.

> Also, Pay attention pls, that omap2_gpio_prepare_for/resume_after_idle()
> will be most probably a NOP now.

Looks like we can't do that change yet, it breaks omap3 off idle.

Regards,

Tony