aio: Question about durability guarantees

Hi all,

We are considering to use libaio in our project as an optional
alternative to Java NIO. Our goal is to improve performance while
maintaining durability.

We have performed tests on different storage devices. Files were
opened with flags: O_WRONLY | O_DIRECT | O_DSYNC. However, on some SSD
devices O_DSYNC causes io_submit() to block until operation is
finished, which is not acceptable in our case.

The question is: do libaio writes with only WRONLY | O_DIRECT flags
provide any durability guarantees? Can I be sure that after
io_getevents() returns an event indicating successful write the data
is actually flushed to persistent storage?

Thanks!

--
Best regards,
Ilya