Re: What happened to the sb writeback list (aka sync efficiency) fix?

On Mon 20-06-16 12:43:34, Brian Foster wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 01:46:38PM +0000, Holger Hoffstätte wrote:
> >
> > Once upon a time there was this fine patch set called
> > "improve sync efficiency with sb inode wb list" [1]
> > by Brian Foster, who fixed up the original version by Josef Bacik.
> >
> > I've been running with this since then and it seems to work flawlessly,
> > yet it doesn't seem that this ever got merged..does anybody know why?
> >
> > Waiman Long has been working on something similar with his per-CPU
> > lists, but those patches naturally collide a bit, so I'm wondering
> > what's what.
> >
> > Fwiw the effect of the wb list on systems with many cached inodes is
> > phenomal; it would be a shame if this went unmerged.
> >

> FWIW, the latest version posted was v7:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.file-systems/104078
>
> Thanks for the testing feedback. Unfortunately, I've not really heard
> any feedback on getting this merged. I'm not sure the previous
> version(s) by Josef and Dave got much traction either. :(

Actually it would be a pitty to have this dropped. Please rebase & resend
the patches and send them to AKPM asking him to merge them because Al isn't
replying... That should make things moving.

								Honza
--
Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxxx>
SUSE Labs, CR