Re: [RFC 1/2] selinux: Stop looking up dentries from inodes

On 06/01/2016 05:46 PM, Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 3:44 PM, Stephen Smalley <sds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 05/31/2016 11:22 AM, Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:
>>> With that fixed, could you possibly put this change to test?
>>
>> Falls over during boot in generic_getxattr(), which still needs a
>> non-NULL dentry in the work.selinux branch.
>
> dentry->d_sb needs to be changed to inode->i_sb there.
>
>> Is there a reason that this being done separately from work.xattr?
>
> I don't know how much work.xattr will shift still (and what I can
> still add there), and this change is unrelated, at least so far.
>
>> Also, if we aren't going to call d_find_alias() there, we can likely
>> also drop the dget() and dput().
>
> Ah, yes. I'll remove those, thanks.

Looks like you lost the assignment for dentry entirely when you removed
the dget/dput.  Still need to set it to opt_dentry or just use
opt_dentry directly.

BTW, SELinux will presently never call getxattr for 9p or cifs; those
filesystem types are not configured for xattrs in policy because they do
not truly support labeling (and if they did, we would probably use
SECURITY_LSM_NATIVE_LABELS => SECURITY_FS_USE_NATIVE as with nfsv4
rather than FS_USE_XATTR).  Just because they support xattrs does not
mean that they support security labeling.