Re: [fuse-devel] Changes in 4.7.

> On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 06:25:24PM +0200, Stef Bon wrote:
>
>> I've been thinking about the non serialized readdirs. I do not understand.
>> Readdirs have to be serialized, since the offset of the next readdir
>> (belonging to the opendir) is known when the current readdir is
>> finished:
>> "start where current left".
>
> They are serialized per struct file (and so'd lseek() on them, for that
> matter).  So the state that is associated with an opened file is just
> fine; it's modifiable state associated with directory itself, and shared
> between all opened file that would be a problem.

I'm really sorry but what do mean with struct file? We're talking
about directories and I do not
understand what the meaning is of the struct file here.

> IOW, they can do readdir in parallel exactly in the cases when lseek
> done by one of them would not affect another.

And when lseek does not affect another? Is this right: When there are
no changes in the entries, no entries are created or removed
(or moved away)??
(which probably means the cache of names in the directory is uptodate).

Stef