Re: help with understanding evict inode functionality

On Thu, 1 Oct 2015 22:54:08 +0000
"Kornievskaia, Olga" <Olga.Kornievskaia@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
>
> In NFS development, we’ve been seeing a race between reopening of the same file and evict inode code and unable figure out how to prevent such race. When file is opened for the first timed and then closed. As the last reference is dropped and iput_final() calls evict() which will call filesystem specific evict_inode() code. As that’s happening a new open for the same file is happening and causes problems.
Recently we encountered similar situation with NFS, that is, after
evict_inode() & iget_locked() we were getting the same inode (same
i->i_ino) and without I_NEW bit set.

> Also can somebody suggest how to debug VFS code, as putting printks generates output for the local filesystem code as well.
You can call printk() only if current process is "nfsd" (at least,
that is what we did).

--

Best regards,
Leonid Fedorenchik