Re: [GIT PULL] superblock scalability patches

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 10:52:54AM -0700, Josef Bacik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Al would you please consider pulling from
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/josef/btrfs-next.git
> superblock-scaling
>
> I've rebased them onto Linus's master as of a few days ago and
> retested them to make sure they were still good to go.  They've all
> been through a lengthy review process and thoroughly tested.  The
> only change since the last time I posted the patch series is I've
> dropped the patch that created a new writeback list for sync to
> process because of the new writeback changes.  Porting that patch
> over is going to take some extra work and I don't want to hold up
> the rest of these patches any longer. Thanks,

Been testing this for a day now, it seems to be fine. The patch that
is missingis the really important scalability fix (i.e. the one that
avoids the entire inode cache walk to find dirty inodes), but I can
live with that being delayed to get all the prep merged sooner.

Tested-by: Dave Chinner <dchinner@xxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks, Josef!

Cheers,

Dave.