Re: [GIT PULL] orangefs filesystem

Yes, thanks, that clarifies some details for me.

Paying attention to LWN is a good way to become
aware of when the merge window opens, right?

What has seemed counter-intuitive to me, as
the maintainer of an out-of-tree filesystem, is
that I should work to be ready for the merge window, but
since that's when new features show up, that also might be
when I'll find out about changes like dropping .read and
.write from file_operations or changing readdir to iterate...

I have posted orangefs as a patch to fs-devel several
times, and I think the description that I send with the
patch is what you need to see in my next pull
request (during the merge window <g>)...

Thanks again...

-Mike