RE: ext3 and like, mount point in module

Thanks for the clarification!
I'm trying to make a patch to slightly improve security in file system.
It consists in removing the ".." dir entry in the "/" dir of the file system mounted on the root mount point.
This could prevent an attacker from using a long series of "../../../" etc in a  transversal directory attack
with unknown initial relative path to reach the root dir for sure and then move from there.
The dangerousness depends from which is the flaw
Do you think it's worth it?