Re: [RFC] split struct kiocb

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 10:00:24AM -0800, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> This series cuts down the amount of fiels in the public iocb that is
> allocated on stack for every synchronous I/O, both by removing fields
> from it, and by adding a aio-specific iocb that is only allocated
> for aio requests.
>
> Additionally it cleans up various corner cases in the aio completion
> code and allowes for adding a simple in-kernel async read/write
> interface.
>
> The first few patches are from Al's gadget branch and reposted
> here because they are needed for the rest of the series.

FWIW, I would really like to hear from USB folks concerning those patches
(gadgetfs ones, that is).  I don't have any way to test them beyond "does
it compile" - no hardware that could run Linux and act as USB slave and
no idea if there are any sane emulator setups (e.g. qemu doesn't seem to
emulate anything drivers/usb/gadget/udc/* stuff would understand).

I'm not happy about the idea of having it merged into vfs.git#for-next
with zero testing and no comments from the people actually using the
drivers in question, _especially_ if it becomes a never-rebase branch
used as prereq for other development.

Now that the merge window is closed, could USB folks review and comment
on the stuff in
git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs.git gadget
?

PS: I would prefer to rebase #iov_iter and #gadget to -rc1, actually...