Re: [Lsf-pc] [LSF/MM ATTEND] Richacls

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 07:01:35AM -0500, Jeff Layton wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jan 2015 09:53:10 +0100
> Andreas Gruenbacher <agruenba@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I really don't think that changing the existing POSIX ACL behavior is an
> > option here, or that representing POSIX ACLs as richacls internally
> > makes a lot of sense. We'll be much better off having both models side
> > by side.

OK, fair enough, it may not be worth the trouble.

> > Converting existing POSIX ACLs into richacls, for example for converting
> > an entire file system, possibly offline, is relatively simple and
> > straight forward -- and will be needed -- with the caveat that
> > permissions will then start to accumulate.

Please don't say it that way or people are going to think we're not
handling cases like mode 026--we should definitely insert DENYs as as
necessary.  So the only inaccuracy is that weird corner case with group
ACEs.  Which is worth a footnote, sure, but that's all.

--b.