[LSF/MM ATTEND] Memory management

Hi,

I would like to attend LSF/MM. I'm working in the MM area for half a year now, so I'm still learning a lot and hope that the discussions would help me clarify longer-term goals to pursue. In general, I'm (of course) interested in improving performance where possible, perhaps by better use of features the hardware offers. In the past I've been doing academic research on performance modeling on shared caches and hope to put that experience to use somehow.

During the half year in MM so far, I've been improving performance of munlock operations (merged in 3.12), memory compaction effectiveness (in mmotm) and recently helping fix the trinity fallout. Currently I continue investigating memory compaction with the goal of having similar success rates as it used to have around 3.0, but without the associated massive performance penalty.

--
Vlastimil Babka
SUSE Labs