[LSF/MM ATTEND] and possible topics

Hi-

I would like to attend the 2014 Linux Storage, Filesystem and Memory Management Summit.

Since 2001 I've worked on various features of the Linux NFS implementation.  Oracle's use of NFS on Infiniband fabrics in its engineered solutions is a leading edge use of Linux NFS.  I'm interested in improving upstream support for NFS/RDMA and learning about next steps for the Linux direct-data-placement ecosystem.

I'm the key developer of FedFS on Linux and the current editor of the IETF FedFS proposed standards.  FedFS provides a standard way to create a network file namespace that crosses server and share boundaries (similar to autofs).  I'm interested in discussing potential common administrative interfaces, security issues, storage of namespace junction objects in Linux's physical filesystems, and FedFS support for CIFS/SMB.

I'm working with Martin Petersen and the IETF NFSv4 Working Group to integrate support for end-to-end data integrity into the NFS protocol [1], similar to T10's DIF but more oriented towards byte-streams.  I'm interested in hearing about progress with Linux implementations of end-to-end data integrity (DIF/DIX, filesystem metadata checksumming, etc).

--
Chuck Lever
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cel-nfsv4-end2end-data-protection/