Re: [Lsf-pc] [LSF/MM ATTEND] Filesystems -- Btrfs, cgroups, Storage topics from Facebook

Hey, Vivek.

On Thu, Jan 02, 2014 at 12:06:37PM -0500, Vivek Goyal wrote:
> So is this a separate configuration which can be done per bdi as opposed
> to per device? IOW throttling offered per per cgroup per bdi. This will
> help with the case of throttling over NFS too, which some people have
> been asking for.

Hah? No, bdi just being split per-cgroup on each device so that it can
properly propagate congestion upwards per-blkcg, just like how we
split request allocation per-cgroup in the block layer proper.

> So it sounds like re-implementing throttling infrastructure at bdi level
> now (Similar to what has been done at device level)? Of course use as
> much code as possible. But IIUC, proposal is that effectively there will
> can be two throttling controllers. One operating at bdi level and one
> operating below it at device level?

Not at all.  I was arguing explicitly against that.

Thanks.

--
tejun