Re: [RFC] RCU Judy array with distributed locking for FS extents

* Chris Mason (clmason@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
[...]
> In terms of comparing the two, I'd rather compare in the kernel so we
> don't have any surprises.  Are you willing to port the judy code in?

I'm in a similar situation as yours on the Judy side: I still need to
clean up the API and extend its documentation (this is why the Judy code
is still in a development branch), and I'd prefer to have the API
stabilized on the userspace RCU side before porting it to the kernel.
Moreover, I see that it might be a good thing to create an API on top of
Judy to handle overlapping and non-overlapping sparse index ranges.
Ideally, I'd like to implement this and test it in user-space before
porting to the kernel.

I'd be very much interested in helping out in porting your skip list
code to Userspace RCU, I think this should be very much straightforward.
By the way, would you be willing to license it under LGPLv2.1 so it
could be integrated within the Userspace RCU code base ?

Thanks,

Mathieu

--
Mathieu Desnoyers