Re: linux hfsplus support question

It is preferable to always cc'ing the fsdevel list.

The latest version of diskdev_cmds is on opensource.apple.com; there is a good porting on
git://cavan.codon.org.uk/hfsplus-tools.git

The problem with the unused inode message - at least for case-sensitive journalled hfs+, is found, and there is a patch sitting in a hard disk.
Vyacheslav Dubeyko reviewed it and pointed out a problem - basically the patch isn't safe on SMP systems under load. So it needed to be reworked/retested.

mount -o force does not do journalling, full stop. OTOH, I also see some problems with netgear's changes, and it does not do journalling properly, I think, under some usage. in a nutshell, it is a work-in-progress. I hope to put a tar ball out anyway soon.

In any case, please have fsdevel in the cc for any correspondence on this matter.