3.7: massive slowdown of deletion performance with discard

Hi,

I just tested 3.7-rc1 and found that deleting a kernel tree on SSDs now
takes approximately way too long to wait for (as in minutes), wherereas
previously this took <1s. As soon as I remount with nodiscard the
performance becomes tolerable again. It alss happens on two different SSDs
(old Intel G2 & Corsair Force GT), both of which have otherwise excellent
performance and show no noticeable impact of discard with kernels 3.6.x.

Filesystem is ext4, but after reading various kernel changelog summaries
it seems to be caused by multiple changes around discard behaviour in
general. Is anyone else noticing this? I find it hard to believe that such
a massive slowdown would go unnoticed..

thanks
Holger