OT: advanced badblocks tool - does it exist?

Hello,
since i searched the net for a while now and did not find anything usable,
i`m wondering if somebody may have a hint for me.

Is there a tool similar to badblocks, but which does not scan the disk for
REAL badblocks with CRC errors for skip using them. but which works a little
bit more sensible and detect and mark blocks which are "suspicious" and
which impact system performance ?

I have a bunch of older disks in my electronic-waste box, which would probably still be ok for unimportant surf-the-net or gaming PCs, but whenever the disks heads hit any of the failed or pre-failed regions, the system get freezes or at least gets very slow, as writing or reading to/from problematic regions gives a big
performance impact. (you know those klicking "krrrr-krrrr" sound)

So, i wonder if there is some tool which somewhat "extends" the disks internal wear-levelling into the filesystem layer, to make use of such older harddisks again.

Does that sound dumb?

Maybe, but my hope is to make use of old hardware again and avoid putting
something to trash which would be eventually ok as a system disk for some
unimportant PCs. But without a proper method to systematically circumvent
the "bad spots" on the disks (at least at the time of formatting or system
installation) they aren`t really worth anything.

So, i`d be happy about any comment/pointer.

Thanks!

regards
Roland