Re: [ATTEND] Attendance request

We should talk; I'm currently working on an async bmap function for
ext4, which I then intended to use for a modified high-level AIO
support framework that allowed for async metadata access.  That is,
I'm interested in solving the "AIO isn't really 'A'" problem.

Well, for that one blocking case in the submission path.

I certainly understand the desire to just make things less painful in
this case, but I do wonder if the long-term win is to sink resources
into trying to get threads executings async op so that the code paths
don't have to be butchered into state machines around each potential
blocking op.

It's a lot of work to get it transparent and efficient, I know.  But
then we'd be out of the business of obfuscating our code paths.

- z