Re: [LSF/MM TOPIC][ATTEND] linux servers as a storage server - what's missing?

I have actually been mulling this over a good deal in my mind, but I keep
approaching it from different perspectives.

Here are some random questions that pop up in my mind...

Can we put FibreChannel HBAs in *target* mode into a Linux-based PC and
export LUNs via FibreChannel?
  - Do we support multipath in this configuration?
  - Zoning?  Muli-access LUNs for Clustering?

Where are we on FCoE support?

Where to we stand on ATAoE?
  - Coraid, the creaters of ATAoE, were recently listed 3rd on a
    "Most Promising Storage Start-Ups in 2012" list[1].
  - ATAoE support has been standard in Linux for years.
  - The target software is very low-level.  It needs an overhaul
    and a powerful configuration API.

What about other block-level protocols?  My familiarity with these varies.

Chris -)-----

[1]http://www.storagenewsletter.com/news/startups/most-promising-storage-start-ups

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh@xxxxxxxxxxxx
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh@xxxxxxxxx