Re: [LSF/MM TOPIC] linux servers as a storage server - what's missing?

On Mon, 2012-01-09 at 13:18 +0100, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
> On 12/22/2011 09:54 PM, Shyam_Iyer@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Yes, Red Hat does. Tony Asleson. libStorageMgmt:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/libstoragemgmt

The current focus is on managing external storage (SMI-S, etc.). This
focus can be expanded over time. Contributions welcome.

> (Actually I was trying to give it a go, but then got buried under
> customer escalations).
>
> So yes, we know there is a shortcoming.
> And yes, we should improve things.
>
> But I feel another discussion about this will only give us more
> insight, but not moving things forward.
>
> What about having a separate session at the storage summit (or even
> at the collab summit) to hammer out the requirements here?

That would be fine, although as you say, we need more than talk.

Tom