Re: quota tests

  Hi,

On Tue 06-09-11 08:21:16, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> do you have some quota test scripts?  I've noticed that the quota
> testing in xfstests really isn't as good as it should be and I'm
> looking for more existing tests I can integrated before writing new
> ones from scratch.
  All I had (well, except a tool which verifies sanity of quotactl syscall
but that's out of scope for xfstests I'd say) is already integrated into
xfstests.

  We have test 219 which tests whether quota measures something sane.
  Test 230 tries to exceed various quota limits and checks that it fails
roughly at the right moment.
  Tests 231 and 232 check that if we stress the filesystem (fsx, fsstress),
the resulting quota usage is indeed what we get when we sum up the usage
using quotacheck (which is worthless for XFS but for ext? filesystems this
is really useful).
  Test 233 checks running fsstress with quotas set low so that we often hit
EDQUOT. We also verify that usage matches what quotacheck gets.
  Finally test 234 stresses operations on top of quota files by adding and
removing quota structures by setquota from several processes.

  What other tests would you like to have?

								Honza
--
Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx>
SUSE Labs, CR