logfs: max 4K writepage size

Hi,

>> While i still have your attention, i would like to point out at max
>> writepage size restriction in logfs. Currently logfs has a max
>> writepage size as 4K. Currently, large page nand flashes and MLC nand
>> come in  8K page sizes. As the usecase for logfs is large nand
>> flashes(mostly with parallel and DMA write capabilities),  it may be
>> essential to remove the 4K write page size restriction.
>> I was only able to change the logfs-tools for >4K writepage size. If
>> you send a patch, that makes logfs useable for writepagesize >4K, i
>> can try on real hardware, instead of nandsim and give you the results
>> :-)
>
> That sure sounds useful.  I'll have a look...
>
> Jörn

If you plan to do this, when can we expect your patches in the kernel?
Can you suggest what changes have to be done to have >4K writepage size.
>From what i looked, it doesnt seem straight forward. I think the 4K
writepage size restriction is because
the flash device is memory mapped for caching purposes.
Initially, I wouldnt want to have the caching feature. Is there some
code in the ancient logfs tree
(http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/joern/ancient_logfs.git;a=summary)
without the device mapping, that i can make use of?

Thanks,
mugunthan