Re: overlayfs patches for ovl_copy_up & ovl_rename

A Dimarts 17 Maig 2011 20:07:13, vÃreu escriure:
> Jordi, what about the original bug you reported:
>
> Is this still happening?  Does the debug patch make any difference?

my patch adds some dget/dput operations that minimize the problem, it occurs
less times, but it happens.
I suppose that those extra operations add an execution delay before processing
the main routine;
a deduction is that locking dentries is required to synchronize a rename to
not be executed until another rename operation has finished.

As an example of code that looks like that of unionfs, (this is not tested)

struct ovl_entry {
	struct dentry *__upperdentry;
	struct dentry *lowerdentry;
+	struct mutex d_mutex;
	union {
		struct {
			u64 version;
			bool opaque;
		};
		struct rcu_head rcu;
	};
};

static struct ovl_entry *ovl_alloc_entry(void)
{
	struct ovl_entry *oe;

	oe = kzalloc(sizeof(struct ovl_entry), GFP_KERNEL);
	mutex_init(&oe->d_mutex);

	return oe;
}

void ovl_lock_dentry(struct dentry *dentry)
{
	struct ovl_entry *oe = dentry->d_fsdata;

	mutex_lock(&oe->d_mutex);
}

void ovl_unlock_dentry(struct dentry *dentry)
{
	struct ovl_entry *oe = dentry->d_fsdata;

	mutex_unlock(&oe->d_mutex);
}

static int ovl_rename(struct inode *olddir, struct dentry *old,
			struct inode *newdir, struct dentry *new)
{
	int err;
+	ovl_lock_dentry(old);

	err = ovl_copy_up(old);