[RFC] GSoC idea: implement HFS Plus Journal

Hi,

I'd like to take part in Google Summer of Code [0][1] with some Linux
Kernel related works.

I have MacBookPro booting both MacOSX and Linux. Now Linux can write the
filesystem safely only when HFS Plus journal is off. My life would be
more better if Linux have complete HFS Plus filesystem read/write
support.

So I'm thinking of implementing HFS Plus Journal support on Linux. I've
searched and found a technote about HFS Plus format describe its Journal
[2].

To prepare and write my application form, I'd like to hear some comments
or suggestion about this idea: something like difficulty (too easy, too
hard, moderate, ...), some suggested articles and so on.

I have some patches applied for the kernel before so I have basic
knowledge of Linux kernel development.

Regards,
Naohiro

[0] http://code.google.com/soc/