Re: [Lsf-pc] [LSF/MM TOPIC] Writeback - current state and future

On Sat, 2011-02-26 at 18:21 -0500, Sorin Faibish wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 16:07:20 -0500, James Bottomley
> <James.Bottomley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 2011-02-26 at 16:03 -0500, Sorin Faibish wrote:
> >> It looks like people in LSF are not so interested in writeback problems
> >> and we will not have a discussion on this. Too bad as I have new results
> >> to present regarding the latest patches in the kernel related to
> >> writeback
> >> and I am not sure for the best.
> >
> > I'm not entirely sure how you arrive at this conclusion.  The programme
> > isn't decided yet, but I'd be pretty certain there'll be another plenary
> > session on writeback given the interest.
> Well I was told otherwise (and Boaz)

OK. so let me state categorically that the Programme Committee hasn't
made any decisions regarding topics yet and, as I said, I'm pretty
certain writeback will be another plenary session like it was last year.

>  and I didn't see I was invited to the LSF. Jan made a request and I
> just assumed that piggy back on his request will be enough.

I'm not entirely sure I parse this sentence correctly.  However, the
reason you didn't get an invite is because you didn't request one.  The
CFP

http://marc.info/?l=linux-fsdevel&m=129503688923313

Was pretty clear ... to get an invite you need to send a topic or attend
email to the PC list, which you didn't do.  Even if I look at the three
replies you made to other people's topic or attend emails, I'd be very
hard pressed to construe any of them as a request to attend.

>  If you think I am wrong I will be more than happy to retract my
> complain and attend to present my newest test results with the latest
> patches.

I'm afraid that we're pretty much oversubscribed on all tracks at LSF/MM
2011 now (in fact, the FS track is very oversubscribed).  I can put you
on the reserve list in case there are any cancellations, if you like.

Just for future reference: LSF definitely isn't a venue to turn up to
present patches.  The correct way to do that is to the relevant mailing
list for proper discussion and consideration.  LSF can be used to
discuss existing patches, and even to try to reach consensus on a set of
patches on the mailing lists, but turning up with unreviewed patches
just wastes everyone's time.

James