Re: Q. cache in squashfs?

Phillip Lougher:
> In your first column (ext3 on squashfs), only a small amount of the
> overall cost is being accounted to the 'cat10' command, the bulk of
> the work is being accounted to the kernel 'loop1' thread and this isn't
> showing up. In the other cases (Squashfs only) the entire cost is being
> accounted to the 'cat10' command.  The resulting results are therefore
> completely bogus, and incorrectly show higher CPU usage for Squashfs.

Ah, I forget about the kthread.
My question about CPU usage must be due to the kthread.
Also I could confirm that the sequential access pattern as you did shows
good performance.
While the very random access shows worse, it is a positive effect of
loopback caching as you wrote in your first reply.

Thank you very much.

J. R. Okajima