RE: ext3 filesystem corruption on md RAID1 device

I did run a forced sync check like Tim had suggested and did not get any errors there. After that I thought that it might be wise to disconnect the other RAID1 arrays to prevent damage to them. And now it gets strange: When I rebooted, I did get no EXT3-fs error messages any more. Further investigation of the disconnected drives showed that one of the four WD disks that is part of one of the two other, unrelated md devices showed SMART errors. I replaced the disk and now the system is running without any EXT3-fs error since nearly 24 hours!

Is it possible that a faulty disk that is not part of a specific md RAID1 device causes filesystem errors on a md RAID1 device on a different set of disks that are connected to the same SATA controller??? Or is this just a weird coincidence?

Best regards,
Reiner.