Re: [ext3] Changes to block device after an ext3 mount point has been remounted readonly

On 2010-02-18, at 09:45, PiX wrote:
I'm experiencing a strange behavior. After having remounted / to
readonly, I'm doing a sha1sum on /dev/sda1 (which is mounted on /)
Then, I reboot, GRUB starts the kernel with the ro option, when I do a
hash of /dev/sda1 the sum has changed.

Are you sure this isn't because e2fsck has been run at boot time and changed e.g. the "last checked" timestamp in the superblock?

This only happen when the rootfs hash been mounted ro, then remounted
rw to make some changes and remounted ro.
On the next reboot the hash will change, but only one time. Next
reboots will not alter the control sum, until of course I remount it
RW.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger