Re: [GIT PULL] bcachefs changes for 6.11

On Thu, Jul 18, 2024 at 06:24:08PM -0400, Kent Overstreet wrote:

> I've gotten essentially zero in the way of test feedback from
> for-next (except from Stephen Rothwell directly, the odd build
> warning or merge issue, but 0day mostly catches the build stuff
> before it hits next).

I am currently running regular testing on the new linux-next's fs-next
branch.  Things which are still blocking me from announcing it are:

*) Negotiating with Konstantin about the new lists.linux.dev mailing
   list.

*) A few minor bug fixes / robustification improves in the
   "gce-xfstests watch" --- for example, right now if git fetch fails
   due to load throttling / anti-DOS protections on git.kernel.org
   trip the git watcher dies.  Obviously, I need to teach it to do
   exponential backoff retries, because I'm not going to leave my
   kernel.org credentials on a VM running in the cloud to bypass the
   kernel.org DOS protections.  :-)

As far as bcachefs is concerned, my xfstests-bld infrastructure isn't
set up to build rust userspace, and Debian has a very ancient bcachefs
packages --- the latest version in Debian stable and unstable dates
from November 2022.  So I haven't enabled bcachefs support in
gce-xfstests and kvm-xfstests yet.  Patches gratefully accepted.  :-)

In any case, I'm hoping to have some publically accessible regular
test results of fs-next.  I've just been crazy busy lately....

	     	 				   - Ted