Re: [RFC] loop: issue aio with pages

Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Thanks, from the highlevel POV this looks much better than any of the
> previous attempts on page-based kernel I/O.

Great, I'll keep at it.

> Just wondering, shouldn't
> the first two patches be a separate series that can be merged even
> before the rest is ready?

Yeah, I think so.  The second patch should be expanded a bit to really
pull out all the retrying code.  I can work on that series independently.

Those first patches were just in this series to save the patch that
introduced the aio api for kernel callers from having to worry about
calling aio providers that would try to queue iocbs for retrying.

- z