Re: [Lsf-pc] [LSF/MM/BPF TOPIC] Maple Tree Proposed Features

* Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx> [240502 06:53]:
> On Tue 30-04-24 23:16:55, Liam R. Howlett via Lsf-pc wrote:
> > Since there is interest (and users) in both the filesystem and mm track,
> > this could be a joint session.  Although, I'm pretty sure there is not
> > enough interest for a large session.
> >
> > I'd like to discuss what functionality people want/need to help their
> > projects, and if the maple tree is the right solution for those
> > problems.
> >
> > I'd also like to go over common use cases of the maple tree that are
> > emerging and point out common pitfalls, if there is any interest in this
> > level of discussion.
>
> I'd be interested in this. Not sure how much discussion to expect from this
> though. Do you expect this will take a full slot or would perhaps a
> lightning talk where you share where things are going be enough? I expect
> the MM track will be rather packed as far as I've heard so I'm inquiring so
> that we can pick the most sensible scheduling...

I'm not sure a full slot is necessary either.  If there's room for a
half-slot, that might be enough.

This is too technical for other conferences, but also not quite the same
type of discussion that is typical at lsf either.

Thanks,
Liam