Re: Updated fsx.c program (fixed fallocate)

Dave Jones wrote:
On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 10:32:37AM -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:
 > Randy Dunlap wrote:
 > >> single version.  Over & above the version that is in the LTP, I've
 > >> included AKPM's O_DIRECT fixes (with a twist), the BSD mmap page and
 > >> segfault handling, and per-write fsync.
 > > having to look at Andrew's ext3-tools, Dave's codemonkey files,
 > > LTP, linux-fsdevel mailing list, etc.
 > > are being merged into)
> > Well, I think Andreas' idea was to make LTP the official home for now > which is why I was going to send it here ... > > But I don't think xfstests is being merged into anything at the moment; > if anything, we're working to make it a more generic suite of tests (it > can run about 50 tests on generic posix filesystems by now).

I'd love to see a tests/ directory shipped with the kernel.
It's been talked about for about several years and still hasn't happened.

Is it just because no-one has stepped up to do it ?
I would be happy to manage a git tree for marshalling stuff on its way to Linus
if that's all that's holding this idea back.

Of course if there are other objections..

	Dave

Perhaps for simple, small things like fsx.c that might make sense, but a full-blown test suite could add significantly to the size of the tarball I'd think (especially by the time you start including things like including pre-corrupted images, perhaps)...

-Eric