Re: EBADF returned from close() by FUSE

On 20-04-2024 00:47, Antonio SJ Musumeci wrote:
On 4/19/24 17:04, The 8472 wrote:
I'm writing to a linux mailing list, am I not? And referring to linux-specific
manpages, not the POSIX ones. The way the linux kernel chooses to pass
what FUSE sends to userspace is under its control.

I would like linux to adhere more closely to its own API contract or improve its
documentation.
And you're talking about FUSE which is a cross platform (Linux, FreeBSD,
MacOS, Windows) protocol. And that protocol defacto includes what
happens when the FUSE server returns and error. If Linux suddenly
changes what happens when the server returns an error it will affect
everyone.

If it is the official position that the whims of FUSE servers have
primacy over current kernel API guarantees then please update
the documentation of all affected syscalls and relax those
guarantees, similar to the note on the write(2) manpage.