Re: [REGRESSION] 6.8-rc process is unable to exit and consumes a lot of cpu

On 21.02.24 17:32, Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis) wrote:
> [adding Al, Christian and a few lists to the list of recipients to
> ensure all affected parties are aware of this new report about a bug for
> which a fix is committed, but not yet mainlined]
>
> Thread starts here:
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/6a150ddd-3267-4f89-81bd-6807700c57c1@xxxxxxxxxx/

[adding Linus now as well]

TWIMC, the quoted mail apparently did not get delivered to Al (I got a
"48 hours on the queue" warning from my hoster's MTA ~10 hours ago).

Ohh, and there is some suspicion that the problem Calvin[1] and Paul
(this thread, see quote below for the gist) encountered also causes
problems for bwrap (used by Flapak)[2].
[1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/ZcKOGpTXnlmfplGR@xxxxxxxxx/
[2] https://github.com/containers/bubblewrap/issues/620

Christian, Linus, all that makes me wonder if it might be wise to pick
up the revert[1] Al queued directly in case Al does not submit a PR
today or tomorrow for -rc6.

[1]
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs.git/commit/?h=fixes&id=7e4a205fe56b9092f0143dad6aa5fee081139b09

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
If I did something stupid, please tell me, as explained on that page.

#regzbot poke