Re: [fuse-devel] Future of libfuse maintenance

Hi Ashley,

On 2/8/24 10:14, Pittman, Ashley M wrote:

> We also use fuse extensively and I was considering putting my name
> forward here but I also need to ensure I’m following the correct
> processes with my employer and I’m not going to be able to do that
> before the end of the week.

I would be more than happy to form a team with Antonio and you.

> Bernd and I have worked together in the past and I’d be more than happy
> if he was to take over as maintainer.

Thank you!

> I’d also like to reiterate to point about the dependency between libfuse
> and the kernel driver, having the userspace and kernelspace fuse code
> better integrated from a mailing list/release/maintainer side would be
> of benefit overall I think.

For sure! I don't know if you noticed, I'm also working on the kernel
fuse side.

Probably would be also good, if we could create a new mailing list. The
sourceforge list is badly spammed, so it lands in special folder that I
don't check regularly. Using linux-fsdevel for all fuse discussions
(kernel and userspace might be abusive).

Cheers,
Bernd