Re: small writeback fixes

On Tue, Jul 18, 2023 at 01:17:44PM -0400, Josef Bacik wrote:
> Just FYI I've been using these two series to see how the github CI stuff was
> working, and I keep tripping over a hang in generic/475.  It appears to be in
> the fixup worker, here's the sysrq w output

> We appear to be getting hung up because the ENOSPC stuff is flushing and waiting
> on ordered extents, and then the fixup worker is waiting on trying to reserve
> space.  My hunch is the page that's in the fixup worker is attached to an
> ordered extent.
>
> I can pretty reliably reproduce this in the CI, so if you have trouble
> reproducing it let me know.  I'll dig into it later today, but I may not get to
> it before you do.  Thanks,

My day was already over by the time you sent this, but I looked into
it the first thing this morning.

I can't reproduce the hang, but my first thought was "why the heck do
even end up in the fixup worker" given that there is no GUP-based
dirtying in the thread.

I can reproduce the test case hitting the fixup worker now, while
I can't on misc-next.  Looking into it now, but the rework of the
fixup logic is a hot candidate.