Re: [Syzkaller & bisect] There is "soft lockup in __cleanup_mnt" in v6.4-rc3 kernel

On 2023-05-24 at 22:51:27 -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> On 5/24/23 9:59 PM, Pengfei Xu wrote:
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > Greeting!
> >
> > Platform: Alder lake
> > There is "soft lockup in __cleanup_mnt" in v6.4-rc3 kernel.
> >
> > Syzkaller analysis repro.report and bisect detailed info: https://github.com/xupengfe/syzkaller_logs/tree/main/230524_140757___cleanup_mnt
> > Guest machine info: https://github.com/xupengfe/syzkaller_logs/blob/main/230524_140757___cleanup_mnt/machineInfo0
> > Reproduced code: https://github.com/xupengfe/syzkaller_logs/blob/main/230524_140757___cleanup_mnt/repro.c
> > Reproduced syscall: https://github.com/xupengfe/syzkaller_logs/blob/main/230524_140757___cleanup_mnt/repro.prog
> > Bisect info: https://github.com/xupengfe/syzkaller_logs/blob/main/230524_140757___cleanup_mnt/bisect_info.log
> > Kconfig origin: https://github.com/xupengfe/syzkaller_logs/blob/main/230524_140757___cleanup_mnt/kconfig_origin
>
> There was a lot of discussion yesterday about how turning the crank on
> syzkaller and throwing un-triaged bug reports over the wall at stressed-out
> xfs developers isn't particularly helpful.
>
> There was also a very specific concern raised in that discussion:
>
> > IOWs, the bug report is deficient and not complete, and so I'm
> > forced to spend unnecessary time trying to work out how to extract
> > the filesystem image from a weird syzkaller report that is basically
> > just a bunch of undocumented blobs in a github tree.
>
> but here we are again, with another undocumented blob in a github tree, and
> no meaningful attempt at triage.
>
> Syzbot at least is now providing filesystem images[1], which relieves some
> of the burden on the filesystem developers you're expecting to fix these
> bugs.
>
> Perhaps before you send the /next/ filesystem-related syzkaller report, you
> can at least work out how to provide a standard filesystem image as part of
> the reproducer, one that can be examined with normal filesystem development
> and debugging tools?

  There is a standard filesystem image after

git clone https://gitlab.com/xupengfe/repro_vm_env.git
cd repro_vm_env
tar -xvf repro_vm_env.tar.gz
image is named as centos8_3.img, and will boot by start3.sh.

There is bzImage v6.4-rc3 in link: https://github.com/xupengfe/syzkaller_logs/blob/main/230524_140757___cleanup_mnt/bzImage_v64rc3
You could use it to boot v6.4-rc3 kernel.

./start3.sh  // it needs qemu-system-x86_64 and I used v7.1.0
  // start3.sh will load bzImage_2241ab53cbb5cdb08a6b2d4688feb13971058f65 v6.2-rc5 kernel
  // You could change the bzImage_xxx as you want
You could use below command to log in, there is no password for root.
ssh -p 10023 root@localhost

After login vm(virtual machine) successfully, you could transfer reproduced
binary to the vm by below way, and reproduce the problem in vm:
gcc -pthread -o repro repro.c
scp -P 10023 repro root@localhost:/root/

Then you could reproduce this issue easily in above environment.

Thanks!
BR.