Re: [LSF/MM/BPF TOPIC] BoF VM live migration over CXL memory

Hi Kyungsan-

On 4/9/23 22:05, Kyungsan Kim wrote:
Hi folks-

if it's not too late for the schedule...

I am starting to tackle VM live migration and hypervisor clustering over
switched CXL memory[1][2], intended for cloud virtualization types of loads.

I'd be interested in doing a small BoF session with some slides and get
into a discussion/brainstorming with other people that deal with VM/LM
cloud loads. Among other things to discuss would be page migrations over
switched CXL memory, shared in-memory ABI to allow VM hand-off between
hypervisors, etc...

A few of us discussed some of this under the ZONE_XMEM thread, but I
figured it might be better to start a separate thread.

If there is interested, thank you.

I would like join the discussion as well.
Let me kindly suggest it would be more great if it includes the data flow of VM/hypervisor as background and kernel interaction expected.

Thank you for the suggestion, have you had a chance to check out http://nil-migration.org/ I have a high-level data flow between hypervisors, both for VM migration and hypervisor clustering. If that is not enough, I can definitely throw more things together. Let me know, thank you

[1]. High-level overview available at http://nil-migration.org/
[2]. Based on CXL spec 3.0

--
Peace can only come as a natural consequence
of universal enlightenment -Dr. Nikola Tesla