Adding mount option to kernel for NFS filesystem

Hi guys,

For fun and learning purposes I'm trying to add an mountflag for
NFS-mounts to the kernel and mount. The flag's semantics are identical
to ac/noac: 'flag' is default but has no special meaning, 'noflag'
triggers a certain action.

I have a small question about adding the flag to
include/linux/nfs_mount.h. Since NFS_MOUNT_FLAGMASK is defined as
0xFFFF, and all bits up until 0xFFFF are occupied by existing
NFS_MOUNT-flags, how could I add my own flag?
Would it be ok to define NFS_MOUNT_FLAGMASK as 0xFFFFF and my own flag
as 0x10000? Or will this have other side effects? It seems to be working
though ;-).
How would this be done if a real flag should be added by kernel maintainers?

I guess another option would be to create a new entry in the
nfs_mount_data struct and treat it as an option (rsize-, wsize-,
timeo-alike), but I'd like to do keep it the same as other flags.

Please advice! ;-)
Thanks in advance for your time.

Sincerely,
Gertjan