Re: Failed on reading from FANOTIFY file descriptor

On Wed 08-06-22 15:01:17, Amir Goldstein wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2022 at 2:01 PM Gal Rosen <gal.rosen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Regarding the EPERM, how do we continue to investigate it ?
>
> Besides adding prints to the kernel I don't know.
> Basically, there is a file that is being opened by some process
> that your listener process has no permissions to open, so
> check with the people responsible to the SELinux policy what that could be.

If it is SELinux denying the open, you should be able to set SELinux to
logging mode so that you can see opens that are getting denied and why (I
don't know SELinux so I cannot really give you details how to do it). But
it is not necessarily SELinux that's causing the EPERM errors. It may be
that you are watching e.g. some special filesystem like /proc/ and the open
gets denied there...

If you can reproduce the problem, you can enable some kernel tracing to get